Tuesday, March 3, 2009

the briefest summation of previous and forward-looking awesome.

last Friday, Dunedin, going-away rock gig: DOUBLEPLUS AWESOME, PICTURES AND RECORDINGS TO COME SOMETIME DOWN THE TRACK
Saturday, Christchurch, Andrew's birthday double feature of THE PSYCHO LOVER and THE ORACLE: AWESOME
Sunday, Christchurch, MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3-D: mind-numbingly stupid except for the gratutious use of 3-D in pickax murders etc. which was AWESOME
Monday, Akaroa, chilling out, catching up on sleep, and having amazing meal at Ma Maison: AWESOMELY RELAXING
today, Picton, Dive on the Marlborough Sound of the shipwreck Mikhail Lermentov: THE SCARIEST THING I'VE DONE IN MY LIFE AND COMPLETELY AWESOME

upcoming:
tomorrow: more diving
Fri-Sun: jazz fest, Wellington
Mon: New Plymouth
Tue: Auckland
Wed: fly to Australia for three weeks of awesome with Randy in Queensland and Vanuatu!
and then: fly back to Auckland, get back to work, start making movie!

Expect updates to be scarce, I will try to write some more detailed things when I don't have to learn about enriched air diving immediately!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Mikhail Lermentov (the shipwreck, not the poet, assuming that neither he nor his poetry could be thought of as a metaphorical "shipwreck"): did you go inside? Man, that gives me the shivers just thinking about going in there.

dd said...

I actually went inside. I'm pretty sure it was the scariest thing I've done in my life. Especially because the visibility was limited (5 meters or so), I was the only one with a flashlight, wasn't sure how we were getting out ... thankfully had awesome divemaster who knew the ship inside and out and kept close the whole time. But still: whoa.

Today's dive were much more chill, did another wreck and got my advanced certification!